Have a look at the OFSTED page for a copy of our new OFSTED report
Castle Hills Primary School are delighted to offer 30 hour places for our nursery children, from September 2017. Please click HERE to access further information
Welcome to Castle Hills Primary School's Website
Hello and welcome. I am very proud to be Headteacher of Scawthorpe Castle Hills Primary School in which all pupils of different genders, cultures and backgrounds succeed together in harmony.
We are a friendly, caring school with high expectations for all our pupils. Our children are encouraged to explore, discover and question through a range of exciting learning opportunities both within and outside the classroom. The staff endeavour to provide a calm and stimulating environment where good behaviour and mutual respect is modelled by everyone and where everyone is valued.
We work in partnership with parents/carers and the wider community to ensure the success of our children. We believe that children deserve the best possible chances in life and that they learn best when there are strong links between home and school.
New to Scawthorpe Castle Hills?
Choosing the right school for your child is crucial. We firmly believe that Castle Hills is an exceptional school and we always welcome visits from prospective parents, so that we can share with you our passion for learning and our commitment to our children and their families. If you are new to Castle Hills, then I hope that you are able to find all the information you need on this website. If you have any other questions, please contact me directly at the school.
Mrs S McBride
To all at Castle Hills
“Thank you all for helping to raise me to be a better person. I have enjoyed my time here and I wish I could stay back, I know that I now have to move on.
I will never forget the great humour of the teachers that I have helped to brighten up my day. I can never regret my decision of coming to Castle Hills because this is a unique ‘one of a kind’ school and I am glad to have been part of it. I have made many great friends that have never left my side for this I am grateful for because I don’t want to leave on my own.
I have been here from the first day of Nursery and I have had all of the support I could ever need. I love you all and it is difficult for me to say goodbye. I can now be an independent learner when I go to secondary school”.
Being the Best we can Be!
Thank you for your visit to our school's website - Please come back soon.
Inset Days (Training Days)
Sept - July 2017-2018
- Monday 4th September 2017
- Friday 27th October 2017
- Monday 4th December 2017
- Friday 22nd December 2017
- Monday 23rd July 2018
Latest School Events
- 6H (Mr Harris) Class Assembly @2:45pm19Oct2017
- 1W (Miss Ward) Family Workshop (Parents/Carers invited) @2:00pm20Oct2017
- 2/3A & 2/3S (Mrs Ashton & Miss Simister) Class Assembly @2:45pm23Oct2017
- F1 - lower Foundation Stage (Mrs Hodgson) Family Workshop (Parents/Carers invited) @8:50am23Oct2017
- F2/Y1C & F2/Y1S (Mrs Cronin & Mrs Snaith) Family Workshop (Parents/Carers invited) @9:00am23Oct2017
- 4/5B, 4/5N, 4/5K (Ms Brown, Mr Newsham & Mr Kent) - Class Assembly @2:15pm24Oct2017
- Halloween Fancy Dress Ball (Fancy dress competition) Years 3, 4, 5 & 6 @4pm-5:30pm - £325Oct2017
- Halloween Fancy Dress Ball (Fancy dress competition) Reception, Year 1 & Year 2 @3:30pm-4:30pm £2.5026Oct2017
- Halloween Party for Nursery (Activities throughout the morning)26Oct2017
- INSET DAY - School Closed27Oct2017
- October Half Term (School Closed)30Oct2017
- School Opens at normal time06Nov2017
- Parent/Carers Evening @ 1pm - 7pm (Years 2 through to 6 pupils to attend)15Nov2017