Autumn Term - 2018
Welcome back to the new school year, we hope you had a lovely summer break and are now ready to go..
Misty Mountain Sierra
Have you ever been captivated by the beauty and wonder of the towering mountains that stretch endlessly up into the sky? Well this term you will not only learn about the magnificent mountain ranges all around the world but also how deadly they can be for those who dare to explore them.
We ask you to come on a journey with us to discover how these amazing natural wonders were created, what kind of animals (or creatures) live on them as well as investigating their habitats and both the natural and man-made environmental impacts.
We will engage in a variety of tasks and activities related to this topic that will enhance our skills and provide opportunities to learn new ones.
- Discover how these giants are formed – as a fold or block, a dome or plateau.
- Use atlases and maps to locate these amazing natural wonders.
- Follow the water cycle course from peak to valley.
- Discover the indigenous people of the hostile Himalayas.
Whatever your interest Misty Mountain Sierra will peak your enthusiasm as well as unlock ideas and thoughts you never knew were there. So come and join us on a journey of discovery, wonder and awe.
'In It To Win It'
To attend the Always Reward Cinema each term and a day out at the end of the year and
earn your weekly raffle ticket to enter the prize draw for £100 all you need to do is…
- Read 5 times in a week and have it recorded in your planner signed by an adult.
- Read during a school holiday
- Bring your PE kit on a Monday and take it home Friday.
- Your child will receive times tables and spellings practice sheets every Friday which need to be completed by the following Thursday.
& Mrs King
Please use the link below to view our Curriculum Map
We thank you for your continued support in your child’s learning, if you have any questions or concerns, we have an open door policy for you to speak with your child’s teacher or any other member of staff.